These Earth Day quotes will remind you that we all have a responsibility to treat the earth with respect.
Our planet is under fire, and despite all the bad news we hear about climate change and global warming, there are individuals and companies who are doing what they can to have a positive impact on the Earth.
Why is important to promote environmental protection?
Though we still have a long way to go, finding ways to make a difference — even if it is small – in our own lives, can go a long way. Earth Day, which started in 1970, is celebrated on April 22nd every year.
So, to get you in the mood to protect and love our home, these Earth Day quotes can inspire a more Green life — not just on Earth Day, but every day!
Earth Day Quotes on Making a Difference
1. “As cheesy as it sounds, truly every day is Earth Day.” ― Ashlan Gorse Cousteau
2. “Every day is Earth Day, and I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.” ― Jackie Speier
3. “Be the change you wish to see in this world.” ― Gandhi
4. “It is our collective and individual responsibility to protect and nurture the global family, to support its weaker members and to preserve and tend to the environment in which we all live.” ― Dalai Lama
5. “There is hope if people will begin to awaken that spiritual part of themselves, that heartfelt knowledge that we are caretakers of this planet.” ― Brooke Medicine Eagle
6. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ― George Bernard Shaw
7. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
8. “Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” — Jimmy Carter
9. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
10. “Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option … they will become a necessity.” — Fujio Cho
11. “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.” — Ernest Hemingway
Earth Day Quotes on Sustainability
12. “Earth Day should encourage us to reflect on what we are doing to make our planet a more sustainable and livable place.” ― Scott Peters
13. “If we are ever to halt climate change and conserve land, water and other resources, not to mention reduce animal suffering, we must celebrate Earth Day every day – at every meal.” ― Ingrid Newkirk
14. “Every New Yorker has the right to clean air, safe drinking water, and healthy communities to raise their children – and you can rest assured that I will aggressively protect that right, not just on Earth Day, but every day.” ― Eric Schneiderman
15. “Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” ― Cree Indian Proverb
16. “What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?” ― Henry David Thoreau
17. “Save the Earth, it’s our only source of chocolate!” ― Unknown
18. “There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all.” ― Robert Orben
19. “When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water.” ― Benjamin Franklin
20. “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” — Mother Teresa
21. “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” — John Paul II
22. “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
23. “We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.” — Barbara Ward
Earth Day Quotes on Humans
24. “We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” ― Native American Proverb
25. “We have met the enemy and he is us.” ― Walt Kelly
26. “Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.” ― Henry David Thoreau
27. “He that plants trees loves others beside himself.” ― Thomas Fuller
28. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” ― Gandhi
29. “The earth is what we all have in common.” ― Wendell Berry
30. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair.” ― Kahlil Gibran
31. “Man must feel the earth to know himself and recognize his values…. God made life simple. It is man who complicates it.” ― Charles A. Lindbergh
32. “Man is still the greatest miracle and the greatest problem on this earth.” ― David Sarnoff
33. “I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
34. “The Earth has a skin and that skin has diseases, one of its diseases is called man.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
35. “There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.” ― Marshall McLuhan
36. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” — Leo Tolstoy
37. “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” — Lady Bird Johnson
38. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” — Gaylord Nelson
Earth Day Quotes on Nature
39. “For 200 years we’ve been conquering nature. Now we’re beating it to death.” ― Tom McMillan
40. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” ― Rachel Carson
41. “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” ― Lao Tzu
42. “Trees are Earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
43. “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” ― Einstein
44. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” ― John Muir
45. “Earth laughs in flowers.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
46. “Time spent among trees is never time wasted.” — Anonymous
47. “Away, away, from men and towns, To the wild wood and the downs, — To the silent wilderness, Where the soul need not repress its music.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
48. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” — John Ruskin
49. “Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.” — George Washington Carver
50. “To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.” — Helen Keller
Which of these Earth Day quotes resonated with you best?
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to fix the world overnight. There has been too much damage on our planet to find the be all end all solution. But some of us are trying, and this is why Earth Day exists — to promote environmental protection all over the world.
Each of us has a responsibility to treat the earth with respect, and though it’s countries and corporations that can really make the biggest impact today, it doesn’t hurt to be more Green in our own lives. Whether it’s educating yourself more about environmental issues, getting involved in an organization that strives to help the planet, or even growing your own food in your garden, there are so many little ways to make a big difference.
These Earth Day quotes will remind you that we are all in this fight together, to make the world a place that we can continue to love, cherish and live on for hopefully, many, many more years to come. After all, it is our home.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Earth Day quotes? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
The post 50 Earth Day Quotes to Inspire an Eco-Friendly Lifestyle appeared first on Everyday Power.