Looking for inspirational rejection quotes about life, love, and goals?
Rejection is a hard emotion to deal with and an even harder message to hear. When we are faced with rejection, it can be a hit to our ego, or it can make us question if we are good enough.
We are good enough, this was just not the right time or the right opportunity. As a firm believer in things working out as they should, I find it important to dig deep within ourselves and find the strength to pick ourselves up and start again.
I know that sounds easier than it might be, but every rejection, every failure, and every let down is a chance to improve, regroup, and try again for opportunities that are even better fits for us than the one that did not work out in the first place.
The greatest successes will be the first to tell you that they would not be the people they are today without having to face rejection head on and deciding whether to throw in the towel, or what different they need to try.
Sometimes what we learn from rejection, ends up ultimately making us the best version of ourselves, and in the best possible position. Maybe some of this wisdom will help you during those difficult moments:
Rejection quotes about life
1. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
2. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantazkis
3. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
5. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”- Og Mandino
6. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
7. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”- Charles R. Swindoll
8. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi
9. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.”- Ralph Marston
10. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn (see more quotes by Audrey Hepburn)
11. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”- C. S. Lewis
12. “Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.”- Swami Sivananda
13. “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.”- Theodore Roosevelt
14. “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” – William Shakespeare
15. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”- Mark Twain
Rejection Quotes About Work and Goals
16. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
17. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”– Confucius
18. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
19. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.”- Og Mandino
20. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
21. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
22. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
23. “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
24. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
26. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
27. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
28. “Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don’t base your self-esteem on their opinions.” – Harvey Mackay
29. “A rejection is nothing more than a necessary step in the pursuit of success.” – Bo Bennett
30. “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.” – Sylvester Stallone
Rejection Quotes About Love and Disappointments
31. “It’s easy to cry when you realize that everyone you love will reject you or die.”
― Chuck Palahniuk
32. “Human rejection can be God’s divine protection.” – Paula Hendricks
33. “We all learn lessons in life. Some stick, some don’t. I have always learned more from rejection and failure than from acceptance and success.” – Henry Rollins
34. “Rejection just motivates me to keep trying and to try to do better.” Sasha Grey
35. “If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.”
– Henry David Thoreau
36. “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.
37. “If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.”
― Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut.
Rejection quotes for when you’re denied
38. “If a circle shuts you out, draw a circle around it.”― Marty Rubin
39. “I have learned not to allow rejection to move me.” – Cicely Tyson
40. “A man who rejects you is simply clearing the way for the One you deserve.”― Naide P Obiang
41. “To get rejected so vehemently
Over and over again
Until some said it was the rejection I was after
No it wasn’t
I wanted the intensity that you sometimes promised”― Dorothea Lasky
42. “If you aren’t mad about the rejection, you didn’t invest enough into the process.”― Darnell Lamont Walker
43. “Today’s rejection may become tomorrow’s acceptance.”― Ehsan Sehgal
44. “Depression taught me how to love myself more than rejection ever could.”― Nitya Prakash
45. “Realize your true strength when people reject you. In actual fact, they do not reject you. They only show you your real strength”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
46. “I love my rejection slips. They show me I try.” – Sylvia Plath
47. “If you live for people’s acceptance, you will die from their rejection.” –Lecrae
More rejection quotes to make you strong
48. “I really wish I was less of a thinking man and more of a fool not afraid of rejection.” – Billy Joel
49. “Learn to accept rejections.” – Stefy Anto
50. “If you aren’t getting rejected on a daily basis, your goals aren’t ambitious enough.”― Chris Dixon
51. “Finish your race even if you must do it bruised and alone.”― Naide P Obiang
52. “The only thing that will help us move past the giant of rejection is to immerse ourselves in the acceptance of Christ.”― Louie Giglio
53. “If you aren’t ready for rejection, you aren’t ready for love.”― Marty Rubin
54. “To be set aside is to be rejected.To be set apart is to be given an assignment that requires preparation.”― Lysa TerKeurst
55. “People’s rejection can be God’s direction for you.”― Farshad Asl
56. “Successful people reject rejection.” – John C. Maxwell
57. “Never fear rejection for a life of regretting.” – Anonymous
Which of these rejection quotes resonated with you best?
I hope this provided you with some inspiration to move forward from, and pick yourself up from rejection. I will leave you with a quote that I hang on every wall of every space I have ever worked in, as I have always found it so relevant and motivating.
It is By Lao Tzu,
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”
Let go of fear, let go of rejection, let go of anything negative you have ever been told.
The post 57 Rejection Quotes To Comfort Us When We Are Denied appeared first on Everyday Power.