Admitting your faults is the crucial first step towards making things right once again. These “I’m sorry” quotes will help you apologize in a way that reflects how you truly feel.
Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and do things that hurt other people at some point in our lives. That’s why it’s important to acquire the ability to acknowledge your mistakes and apologize for your wrongs, even if you didn’t do it on purpose.
When you apologize, it shows the recipient that you recognize the pain you caused them and are willing to make things right again. It opens the way to forgiveness and has the potential to restore a damaged and broken relationship.
A genuine apology can make both parties feel better. When you say “sorry” in a caring way, it gives relief to your heart and mind. It lightens the baggage of hard feelings against someone or the sense of guilt within.
Although taking responsibility for your mistakes can be hard, you should not say “I’m sorry” just for the sake of it. A genuine apology should come from the heart.
To highlight the power of apologizing and to help you find the right words to express your remorse, here are some thoughtful “I’m sorry” quotes.
I’m sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words
1. “I don’t like it, and I’m sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” – Erwin Schrodinger
2. “But you know all about that, being sorry and having no words to say something when you know you should but you just can’t.” – Heather Gudenkauf
3. “I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize.“ – Chris Kurtz
4. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boese
5. “Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better?” – Randy Pausch
6. “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” ~ Robert Half
7. “A sincere and warmly-expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine on a suffering soul.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
8. “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” ~ Bruce Lee
9. “When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls.“ – Donald L. Hicks
10. “I am sorry for what has happened and I know that I need some help.” – Susan Smith
I’m sorry quotes to inspire your apology
11. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.”– Margaret Lee Runbeck
12. “I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most, and I am terribly sorry. I am deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and my actions.” – Anthony Weiner
13. “Be the hero of hearts; learn to say I’m sorry.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
14. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.“ – Kevin Hancock
15. “I’m sorry.” Once again, those were the words. And now, anytime someone says I’m sorry, I’m going to think of her.”― Jay Asher
16. “Saying sorry to someone is hard… but putting your pride down for someone is the hardest.” – Cristina Orante
17. “An apology is the superglue of life! It can repair just about anything!!”― Lynn Johnston
18. “It isn’t always to apologize for your mistakes but doing so shows a person with a strong sense of self.” – Byron Pulsifer
19. “I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people.” – Louie Anderson
20. “What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
I’m sorry quotes for when you’re at a loss for words
21. “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” – Tiger Woods
22. “The hero isn’t the one who is right, but the one who steps forward to take the blame – deserved or not – and apologize to save a relationship.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
23. “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.”– Tyron Edwards
24. “He who is sorry for having sinned is almost innocent.” – Seneca
25. “Apologies bring people together.” – Nick Smith
26. “I am sorry for the pain I caused you, I feel so bad.” – Gabor Timis
27. “I believe that when you’re wrong, own it and apologize, and so I do and put it on the equivalent of my front page.” – Peter Coyote
28. “It’s very hard for me to say I’m sorry… but I do.” – Joe Nichols
29. “Chocolate says “I’m sorry” so much better than words.” ~ Rachel Vincent
30. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” ~ Toba Beta
I’m sorry quotes to help you ask for forgiveness
31. “Never believe you’re so great or important, so right or proud, that you cannot kneel at the feet of someone you hurt and offer a humble, sincere apology.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
31. “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.” – Keanu Reeves
32. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
33. “So many things that we never will undo I know you’re sorry, I’m sorry too.” – Bob Dylan
34. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin
35. “You must tell me who I might have hurt. I have to write them an apology.”~ Vivien Leigh
36. “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action.” – Stella Young
37. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.”~ Author Unknown
38. “The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.” ~ Red Auerbach
39. “Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.” ~ Isaac Friedmann
40. “The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.” ~ Henry Boye
I’m sorry quotes to teach and inspire
41. “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.“ – Benjamin Franklin
42. “Truly saying sorry is never easy to do, and when you are, you just hope it’s not too late.” – Justin Tranter
43. “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.”– Greg LeMond
44. “Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is saying ‘I love you’ with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
45. “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.” – Dan Heist
46. “I’m sorry.’ The two most inadequate words in the English language.” – Beth Revis
47. “What I want to say is that I’m sorry. There’s no excuse for what I did. I will understand if you will never speak to me again, but I hope you will give me another chance to fix this.” – Unknown
48. “I am immensely contrite. And I’m sorry for the damage I’ve done.” – Jayson Blair
49. “To err is human, but contrition felt for the crime distinguishes the virtuous from the wicked.” – Vittorio Alfieri
50. “Admitting a mistake is not a weakness; on the contrary, it shows an openness of your heart. It takes guts to say sorry. Only a strong and well-balanced individual with the clarity of mind can do so effortlessly. Taking responsibility for your actions requires and develops your self-control. You become your own person.“ – Vishwas Chavan
I’m sorry quotes that will make your day
51. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family- I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
52. “The art of a sincere and heartfelt apology is one of the greatest skills you will ever learn.”― Jeanette LeBlanc
53. “An apology can be a wonderful thing so long as it is infrequent and from the heart. However, beware of the person who justifies bad behavior with apologies. For them it is a means to an end, and quite often at your expense.” – Gary Hopkins
54. “Sorry’ is, indeed, one of the most difficult and most powerful words in the English language, provided one can feel and say it at the same time.”― Uday Mukerji
55. “Smart people always say sorry, while the stupid ones just wait for the smart one to say sorry.” – Unknown
56. “Sorry, mom. Sorry, God.”― Chuck Palahniuk
57. “Just say “I’m sorry.” It’s not a tongue twister. It does not need repeating multiple times. The phrase is simple and short, easy to articulate. And the last time I checked, it sounded just as good—if not better—in a whisper. So just say it; say “I’m sorry.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
58. “A simple apology could fix a friendship that shouldn’t have ended in the first place. Don’t let your ego stop you from doing what’s right.” – Unknown
59. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.”― Robert Brault
60. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.”― Kevin Hancock
61. “Let me tell you that I did not like a single bit of what I did now that I had reflected on it.” – Unknown
62. “A genuine apology is like an eleventh-hour rain on a dusty crop. Grossly overdue, but miraculously just in time.”― Jacqueline A Bussie
63. “Apology makes you self responsible while excuse makes you undependable.”― Prabakaran Thirumalai
64. “It is incredible how many hurts can be healed by the two words, ‘I’m sorry.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
65. “Apology doesn’t mean that you were wrong, or other person was right. Its mean that your relationship is valuable than your ego.”― Ain Eineziz
66. “Apology is not about saying I’m sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”― Unarine Ramaru
I’m sorry quotes for your loved one
67. “You’re my backbone. You’re a blessing. You’re a piece of my heart. You’re the air I breathe. And you’re the strongest person I know, and I’m so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family through this.” – Kobe Bryant
68. “Let us forgive each other — only then will we live in peace.” – Leo Tolstoy
69. “I betrayed your trust and created my life’s biggest disaster. But now I realize that your love in my life is all that matters. I am sorry.” – Unknown
70. “I never meant to cause you any sorrow. I never meant to cause you any pain.” – Price and the Revolution “Purple Rain”
71. “I never meant to hurt you nor see you in pains. And I’m so sorry for not being able to be there for you today. Please forgive me, my sweet friend.” – Unknown
72. “You can always say sorry, But the real apology is when you hear the sadness in their voice and see the look in their eyes. And you realize that they have hurt themselves just as much.” – Kid Cudi
73. “I overlooked your happiness in an attempt to make myself happy, only to realize that my happiness lies in yours. I am sorry, please forgive me.” – Unknown
74. “An apology is the super glue of life. It can repair just about anything.”
– Lynn Johnston
75. “My heart has been leaking and bleeding since the day I hurt you. Please plug the holes with your forgiveness. I am sorry.” – Unknown
I’m sorry quotes to inspire you
76. “Everything is my fault, I’ll take all the blame.” – Nirvana
77. “An apology is saying the right thing after doing the wrong thing.” ― Vikrant Parsai
78. “As humans, it is natural to make mistakes. I know that doesn’t give me an excuse for what I’ve done. But I hope you know that it was a mistake. I’m so sorry and I promise to do better by you.” – Unknown
79. “The things two people do to each other they remember. If they stay together, it’s not because they forget; it’s because they forgive.” – Demi Moore
80. “Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.” – Dave Willis
81. “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.” ― Yolanda Hadid
82. “Apologies require vulnerability.” ― Jennifer Thomas
83. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
84. “I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people. But when I say sorry, I mean it.” – Unknown
85. “Apologize quickly when you wrong someone, because I’m sorry has no value in the grave.” ― Lakesha Ruise
Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes?
By itself, saying I’m sorry might not be enough to make everything all right again. However, it is the right thing to do. It does a lot of good.
Sometimes along with an apology, you might need to demonstrate that you’ll do better. Besides, the offended party may not yet be ready to accept your apology, which means you need to allow time to heal the wounds.
All in all, learning to apologize is the vital first step in the healing process. Hopefully, these I’m sorry quotes have reminded you why saying “sorry” is important.
Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below.
The post 85 I’m Sorry Quotes for When You Can’t Find the Right Words appeared first on Everyday Power.